This year we are using a new scheme called Power Maths. It is a mastery programme designed to spark curiosity and excitement and nurture confidence. It develops a growth mindset approach (a 'can do' attitude) to maths and focuses on helping all children to build a deep understanding of mathematical concepts.
This half term we will be learning about:
- Partitioning, comparing and ordering numbers to 100
- Counting in 2's, 5's, 10's and 3's
- Adding and subtracting tens and ones
- Adding 2 digit number and a 1 digit number
- Subtracting a 1 digit number from a 2 digit number
- Counting coins and notes
- Finding different ways to make the same amount
- Working out change
- Solving problems involving money
In addition to this we will also be working on mental arithmetic including timetables which you can access on TT Rockstars.