This year we are using a new scheme called Power Maths. It is a mastery programme designed to spark curiosity and excitement and nurture confidence. It develops a growth mindset approach (a 'can do' attitude) to maths and focuses on helping all children to build a deep understanding of mathematical concepts.
Power Maths Overview
This term we will be learning about:
- Partitioning, comparing and ordering numbers to 100
- Counting in 2's, 5's, 10's and 3's
- Adding and subtracting tens and ones
- Adding 2 digit number and a 1 digit number
- Subtracting a 1 digit number from a 2 digit number
- Counting coins and notes
- Finding different ways to make the same amount
- Working out change
- Solving problems involving money
- 2, 5 and 10 timestables and how to solve problems using these facts
In addition to this we will also be working on mental arithmetic including timetables which you can access on TT Rockstars.