Our Together Equality Objectives
At Charnwood we want to ensure our children have the very best education in a happy and caring environment. We want our children to have enriching experiences that will develop a love for learning, enthusiasm, and curiosity. We celebrate diversity in ethnic origin, gender, orientation, social circumstances, ability, disability or religious background.
Our core value of ‘together’ flows through everything we do here at Charnwood.
We will develop children’s intellectual, social, cultural, spiritual, moral and emotional potential in a happy, hardworking, caring community free from discrimination.
In fulfilling our legal obligations we will:
- Recognise and respect diversity
- Foster positive attitudes and relationships, and a shared sense of belonging
- Observe good equalities practice, including staff recruitment, retention and development.
- Aim to reduce and remove existing inequalities and barriers.
- Consult and involve widely
- Strive to ensure that society will benefit
To achieve our aims there will be:
- a constant focus on research-informed, quality-first teaching
- a highly competent and trained teaching and support staff equipped with the relevant skills and expertise necessary for children to succeed
- a tailored CPD programme linked to the needs of the staff and outlined in the school’s Development Plan
- a comprehensive tracking system that identifies children’s/group’s progress and gaps in learning
- a day-to-day focus on assessment for learning, ensuring that work and pace of learning is set at exactly the right level
- a feedback and assessment system that enables our learners to achieve at an accelerated pace
- an exciting, relevant, and inspiring curriculum that supports a healthy mind and healthy body
- an excellent support system catering for the needs of each child.