At Charnwood Primary School, we strive to meet the needs of all pupils within our school. All staff are aware of SEND within the school and received high quality information. We recognise that every child is unique and special.
What do we mean by ‘Special Needs’?
There are many things which include:
- Needing extra help with learning
- Physical needs or impairments
- Medical – taking medicine daily, needing help with mobility, PE, physiotherapy or occupational therapy
- Seeing or hearing
- Speech or Language difficulties
- Specific Learning difficulties
- Emotional difficulties
- Behavioural difficulties or ability to socialise, eg not being able to make friends
- Concentration levels
If you are concerned about your child in anyway e.g.
- speech and language development
- medical issues
- problems at home
Feel free to contact us
Our Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo) is Mrs Nancy Metcalfe.
The governor with responsibility for SEND is Mrs Isabel Pasternicki
Both of the above can be contacted via the school office, either in person or by telephoning (0116) 251 6574.
Please see below for our SEND policy and Leicester city local offer:
SEND Code of Practice:
Please click on the link below to access the government’s SEND Code of Practice: